Solid Waste Campus
The Red Wing Solid Waste Campus is a Resource & Recovery Facility that manages the recycling of commodities, construction and demolition, industrial, residential and commercial waste generated in the City of Red Wing and surrounding communities in Goodhue County and Wabasha County.
The Solid Waste Campus at 1873 Bench Street is Open to the Public for Disposal:
Monday thru Friday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday: 7:00 am - 1:00 pm
This facility is open to all; you do not need to be a city resident to dispose of waste. Those using the facility will be required to sort their loads into the proper containers at the facility.
What Can I Bring to the Campus?
- Burnable Waste, such as household trash, carpet, padding, clothing, bedding, pillows, thin plastics, dirty cardboard, etc.;
- Non-Burnable Waste, such as ceramic, tile, treated woods, paneling, insulation, sheet rock, plaster, heavy plastic toys, vinyl siding, shingles, glass, etc.;
- Scrap Metal, such as steel siding, metal chairs, metal doors, metal shelving, light fixtures, tools, lawn mowers, etc.;
- Wood Waste, including clean dimensional lumber, plywood, wainscoting, painted/stained wood, wood furniture, etc.;
- Clean Concrete, clean brick, asphalt (no metals or rebar);
- Upholstered Furniture, including couches, chairs, recliners, love seats, mattresses, box springs;
- Electronics, including TV's, computers, DVD/VCR's, printers, stereos, receivers;
- Appliances, such as microwaves, refrigerators, freezers, stoves, washers, dryers, etc.;
- Automotive Waste, including bike tires, small utility tires, car tires, tractor tires, car batteries;
- Confidential Waste, confidential items to be shredded;
- Other Items, such as small fiberglass boats, hot tubs,hot tub covers;
- Lawn & Garden Debris, organic compostable debris such as grass, leaves and plants;
- Tree & Shrub Debris, including tree branches, tree logs, shrubbery, brush, prunings or anything with a wood stalk (sorry, we CANNOT accept stumps).
Applicable Fees Apply for All Waste Brought to This Facility.
2018 Waste Campus Pricing Brochure
What Can't I Bring to the Campus?
- Fluorescent Lightbulbs of any kind.
- Hazardous Waste.