Parking enforcement throughout the city is enforced by our Community Service Officers and Patrol Officers as time permits.
General Parking Restrictions
- In areas without specific time parking limitations, vehicles may not be parked on the street for more than 20 consecutive hours. Recreational camping vehicles are restricted to a six hour limit. The vehicle must be moved 300 feet or more or it will be considered stationary.
- Parking spots in the downtown area have various timed restrictions. Individuals are encouraged to rely on signage indicating parking restrictions. A vehicle parked in a limited time parking zone is deemed to have remained stationary if it is parked anywhere within the same block.
- Semi-trailers and or truck trailers may not be parked in any residential area except for loading or unloading.
- Parking in the downtown area and in a portion of Old West Main Street is restricted from 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. for the purposes of street maintenance and snow removal. These restrictions are posted on signs in those areas.
- When the City of Red Wing declares a snow emergency, it will be posted on the City of Red Wing Home Page. The Snow Emergency Policy for the City of Red Wing can be found at the link listed below.
Snow Emergency Policy
Payment of Parking Fines
- Fines can be paid at: Community Development Building - City Hall Annex (Ignite Building), 419 Bush Street, Red Wing, MN from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm M - F; Payment can be dropped into the silver deposit box in front of City Hall; Yellow drop box in front of the post office adjacent to the drive-up mailboxes; or mailed to:
City of Red Wing
315 W. 4th Street
Red Wing, MN 55066
Checks payable to City of Red Wing
Amtrak Parking Permits
- Individuals taking the Amtrak train from Red Wing can park their vehicle in the lowest level of the Riverfront Center Parking Ramp for the duration of their trip if they obtain a parking permit. The ramp is located in the 100 block of Bush Street across from the St. James Hotel and half a block from the train depot.
- Permits can be obtained in advance by calling 651.385.3623 during regular business hours. The request should be made at least one week prior to arrival. Permits can also be obtained in person at Community Development Building - City Hall Annex at 419 Bush Street during regular business hours. After regular business hours permits can be obtained at the Red Wing Police Department, 430 W. 6 Street.