Red Wing's Dog Park a Reality
Tuesday, December 29 2009 12:00 AM
Tim Bohmbach, Community Service Officer, Police Department
Since the spring of 2008, a group of citizens have been meeting to create a dog park in Red Wing. Recently, the group of volunteers secured funding for the fence at A.P. Anderson Park, the last step in completing Red Wing's Dog Park. Sentencing to Service crews and volunteers installed the half acre fence in mid-November.
Red Wing Off-Leash Dog Park Rules and Regulations
- All dogs must be leashed going to and from the leash free area.
- Users must monitor and control their dogs at all times. If dogs become aggressive or unruly, they must be removed from the park immediately.
- Dogs declared "dangerous" or "potentially dangerous" are not allowed in the park.
- All dogs using the park must be free of contagious diseases.
- It is recommended that dogs using the park be spayed or neutered. Dogs in season are not allowed in the park.
- All users must clean up after their dogs and should bring their own bags.
- Excessive barking is not allowed.
- Pet toys, treats, and other food are not allowed within the park.
- All dogs must have current rabies vaccinations, a pet license from the Humane Society, and a park use tag affixed to the collar.
Fee payment centers are located at the Community Development Building, 419 Bush Street, and the Dog Park Pavilion at A.P. Anderson Park. Annual dog passes are good through March 2011 for $10 per dog. Daily passes are $5 per dog.
For more information on the Red Wing Dog Park or to donate, contact Tim Bohmbach at 267-2609.