City of Red Wing

Applications, Fees, Permits, Licenses

City Clerk's Office and Permits/Licenses: Liquor, Tobacco, Taxicabs, Sidewalk Cafes, Food Wagons, Junk Dealers, Solicitors, Peddlers & Transient Merchants, Pawnbrokers, Bed & Breakfast, Potbellied Pig, Solid Waste Haulers, Fruit & Vegetable Vendors, Charitable Gambling

Employee Services: Full-Time, Part-Time, Seasonal, Police Reserve Officers, Paid-On-Call Fire Fighters, Volunteer

- See more at

Engineering: Work in City Right-of-Way, Engineering Utility Permit, Private Use of Public Property (Construction)

Fire Department Permits and Fees: Fire Protection Systems (Suppression/Alarm), Open Burning, Fireworks, Recreational Fire Regulations

Inspections: Building, Plumbing, Mechanical, Demo, Moving

Police Department: Golf Cart Permit, ATV/UTV Permit

Planning: General Zoning, Sign, Heritage Preservation Design Review

Public Works: Rent a Pavillon, Deer Hunt Program,


Private Use of Public Property (PUPP) Event Application PRINT ONLY

For events requesting street closure such as neighborhood block parties, events that will exceed park/facility rules, special services or hours and/or involve serving alcohol, a Private Use of Public Property application needs submitted. Please keep in mind that City Staff will need time to consider your application and to complete their comments. In some instances, applications need to be approved by the City Council as well as City Staff. Therefore, your application needs to be returned to the 30 days prior to your event.

Private Use of Public Property (PUPP) Policy

Utilities - Automatic Utility bill payment


Share Page
Normal Font Size Large Font Size
Spread the word: