Request for Qualifications (RFQ) - City of Red Wing Arts & Culture Five Year Action Plan
Announcement: The City of Red Wing announces that it is requesting qualifications from Arts Professionals to guide the City Arts & Culture Commission in the completion of a Five Year Action Plan.
Announcement Date: May 11, 2021
Deadline for Submissions: June 18, 2021, 4 PM
Submit electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information Contact: Jessica McGee, email@example.com
Phone # 651.385.5105
A high priority of the City of Red Wing is to complete a Five Year Arts & Culture Action Plan that builds on the Red Wing 2040 Community Plan completed in 2019 and will be used to guide the work of the Arts & Culture Commission. The commission is newly formed in September of 2020. The Action Plan will be developed by the commission with assistance from an arts professional that will help guide the process and be the primary author. The commission is especially in need of assistance to graphically illustrate the plan in a way that communicates the intent to make art and culture a central element of Red Wing’s future. The Commission intends to be deeply involved in many aspects of creating the five year plan including organizing and participating in public meetings; stakeholder interviews; focus group sessions; data collection; and review of draft plan sections. Below are some of the main elements that are contemplated for the project but are subject to adjustment based on advice from the selected arts professional.
General Content of the Plan (10 to 20 Page Action Plan)
- Purpose of the plan
- Role of the Commission
- Cultural Assets
- How the plan was developed
- Economic Impact of A & C
- Foundation of the Plan (2040 Community Plan and other related plans)
- Guiding Values
- Interviews & Public Feedback
- Road Map: Goals, Strategies, Actions 3-5 years, Priorities
- Special Area Recommendations (Guidance to specific areas of Red Wing, i.e., Riverfront, Downtown, Old West Main, Neighborhoods, Parks & Trails, Other)
- Spark Projects or Big Ideas (Quick Wins, Critical Opportunities)
- Funding and Implementation Strategies
Background Reference: The City of Red Wing website provides valuable background information, at this link: https://www.red-wing.org/990/Arts-Culture-Commission
The above link includes a link to the Red Wing 2040 Community Plan that was completed in 2019 (See Chapter 10 – Arts and Culture)
Creative MN Economic Study Update: $ 2,500
Speakers, Meeting Expenses, Printing: $2,500
Other Misc. Expenses
Professional Services: $20,000
Total Budget: $25,000
Approve General Outline: April 2021
RFQ Advertisement: May 11, 2021
Submittal Deadline: June 18, 2021, 4 PM
Submittal Review: June/July
Professional Services Contract Approval: August
Project Completion: Sept. 2021 – August 2022
Submission Content: Individuals or firms are asked to provide four submittal items:
- Cover letter stating interest in the project with contact information.
- Statement of Qualifications and Experience – Please provide information that describes your qualifications and past experience in the arts and arts consulting. Please provide web links to up to three past projects that help to describe your qualifications.
- References – Please provide a list of three references.
- Approach and Availability – Please provide a statement that explains how you would approach the Red Wing project and explain your availability concerning the proposed timeframe.
Review Process: The Arts and Culture Commission hopes to review submissions and narrow down applicants to 2 or 3 for interviews depending on the number received. Once a finalist is selected by the commission, they will be asked to develop a scope of work and a contract agreement which requires approval by the commission and the Red Wing City Council.