Where Can I Go If I have Faced Discrimination?

It is your choice whether you file your situation with the Goodhue County District Court, where most cases begin, or file with the Minnesota Department of Human Rights. If you feel uncomfortable approaching either of these organizations alone, please contact the Red Wing Human Rights Commission at 651.385.3618 and a member of the HRC will assist you.

Goodhue County District Court

Most local cases begin here.

Goodhue County Justice Center
454 West Sixth Street, Red Wing, MN 55066
Phone: (651).267.4800
Open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

MN Department of Human Rights

You are not required to have an attorney to file a charge of discrimination, and filing is free.

Diagram of the MDHR process for cases.