2018 Street Reconstruction
The 2018 street reconstruction project that is scheduled in the Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) includes the following streets:
- 9th Street (East Avenue to Bush St
- 10th Street (East Avenue to South Park St)
- 11th Street (East Avenue to South Park St)
- Bush Street (7th St to south of 9th St)
- McSorley Street (7th St to End)
- South Park Street (9th St to 10th St)
The City of Red Wing's staff would like to thank the residents in this project area for their cooperation, support, and patience throughout this reconstruction project.
Weekly Construction Newsletter
Sign up for weekly construction newsletters
Scope of Work
This project involves the replacement of all utilities (water main, sanitary sewer, and storm sewer), curbs, gutters, and street pavement within the project limits.
- Impacted streets will be closed to through traffic during construction
- Residents and emergency vehicles will have gravel or paved access available during construction operations, except for short periods during water main and sanitary sewer work.
Project Purpose & Need
The purpose of this project is for the reconstruction of water mains, water services, sanitary sewer, sanitary sewer services, storm sewer, aggregate base, concrete curb and gutter, concrete walks, bituminous pavement, and other appurtenant construction. Project components being modified include:
- Pedestrian Improvements - replacement of all sidewalks, and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) upgrades at pedestrian crossings.
- Utility Replacement - the project will include replacement of aging water, sanitary sewer, and storm sewer utilities, including water and sanitary service lines from the mains to the property line.
- Pavement Replacement - the project will replace aging pavement and concrete curb and gutter.
- Utilities and infrastructure are aging - some of the water and sewer utilities under the street have been temporarily patched in the past and need to be brought up to current state standards.
- The storm sewer is in need of replacement with proper sized pipe and intake locations. Storm sewer will be added up 10th, 11th, and McSorely Streets to meet drainage needs in the area.