The Engineering Department provides infrastructure management and support services for the City. This includes a wide array of functions, some of which are listed below:
- Plat and Plan review for all types of city infrastructure and right-of-ways.
- Surveys, design, staking, inspection, contract administration, construction record drawings and plan archiving for both new and reconstruction projects.
- Manage the Municipal State Aid Street System (MSAS) and its needs funding apportionment to maximize the funding received from State Aid.
- Manage the City bridge inventory for safety inspections and reporting to MnDOT.
- Maintain and expand the city addressing system for growth.
- Provide mapping, plotting, surveying and staking services to other departments as requested.
- Process right-of-way acquisitions, street vacations, property sales and easement grants as related to city projects.
- Hold neighborhood meetings, public hearings and other public involvement meetings to facilitate project development and assessments for city projects.
Accomplishments & Goals