Red Wing Public Library
The Red Wing Public Library is committed to providing for the lifelong learning and information service needs of the community. We offer a wide variety of materials for all ages, including hardback books, board books, paperback books, large print books, audiobooks, eBooks, movies, music, art prints, newspapers and magazines. Other library services include free Internet access via our 19 public Internet PCs or via wireless connection, technolgy help desk, meeting rooms and a genealogical index to the local newspaper.
- 217,748 items checked-out (not including an additional 9,121 e-books)
- 170,433 visits to the library
- 519 new borrowers registered (12,667 total)
- 1.3 million minutes of computer use
- 7,750 kids attended library story hours and other events
- 421 meetings held in our public meeting rooms
- Added Fluff Book Club
- Added full service Mango Language Program (64 languages)
- Added Flipster e-magazines
- Added romance collection
- Added Heritage Quest & Ancestry.Com (Genealogy programs)
- Added computer & iPad classes
- Created more collection codes for improved browsing
Long Range Plan
For more information about the library's mission and vision statement, as well as our future plans, see the Red Wing Public Library long range plan.
Monday through Wednesday
10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Thursday and Friday
10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Holiday dates the Library will be closed in 2015
- January 1 (New Year's holiday)
- January 19 (Martin Luther King Day)
- February 16 (President's Day)
- May 25 (Memorial Day)
- July 4 (Independence Day)
- September 7 (Labor Day)
- November 11 (Veterans Day)
- November 26 (Thanksgiving Day)
- December 24 and 25 (Christmas holiday)