The Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation has agreed to partner with the Red Wing Community on a Community Growth Initiative(CGI).
The CGI process involves the identification of community strengths or “assets” and builds on those assets by identifying and funding between one and four “quick start” projects designed to expand community leadership and foster entrepreneurship.
A very appealing aspect of the program is that it is a process designed to engage the entire community rather than just a few select leaders. The quick four to five month process intentionally focuses on the future, there is no time to rehash on the past.
The end result of the CGI process includes:
1) The discovery of new community leaders and the introduction of new faces wanting to be involved in their community.
2) The development and funding of one to four projects that will benefit the community for years to come.
3) A community-wide focus on helping entrepreneurs and fostering entrepreneurship.
The Initiative Foundation provides support for the four to five month process:
1) Leadership Training
2) Technical Assistance
3) Up to $20,000 in grant funding
4) Monies for meeting expenses and a stipend for a project coordinator
One final but exciting aspect of the Red Wing project is that it will involve a collaboration between the City, the Port, the Greater Red Wing Area Chamber of Commerce, the Downtown Main Street Organization, the Visitors and Convention Bureau and the Housing and Redevelopment Authority.
If you have any questions or would like to become involved, please contact Myron White at the Port Authority: 385-3697 or email@example.com