The Red Wing Heritage Preservation Commission is seeking nominees from the community for their annual Preservation Awards of Merit. Each year the Heritage Preservation Commission presents the Awards of Merit to individuals, institutions, and businesses who have been involved in exceptional local historic preservation projects. The Red Wing Heritage Preservation Commission will present this year's Awards of Merit during National Preservation Month in May.
Residential, civic, institutional, and commercial nominations are welcome. The Heritage Preservation Commission uses the following criteria for awarding certificates:
• Age - at least 50 years old
• Architecture - a definite style or combination of styles
• Historic Significance - notable architect or builder; association with historically important persons, events or early development of the City
• Preservation/Restoration - accomplished without violating the architectural integrity of the exterior of the structure
• Building Materials - needed replacement materials should match the original as near as possible and practical; cleaning process should not damage the exterior; colors used should be in keeping with age period
Nominations may be made to the Red Wing Heritage Preservation Commission, 315 W. 4th Street, MN 55066, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone at (651)385-3622. Nominations for the 2012 Awards of Merit must be received by 4:30 PM on March 23, 2012.
Steve Kohn, Assistant Planning Director
City of Red Wing