GIS Mapping for Everyone
Wednesday, September 8 2010 12:00 AM
In recent years, many people have utilized online mapping services available through the internet: Google Maps, Google Earth, MapQuest and Bing Maps are some examples. The City of Red Wing hosts a link on their main web page to a GIS (Geographic Information Systems) online mapping site featuring City-specific information, which includes parcel land property data, aerial photography, zoning classification, parks and trails, vote districts, and FEMA flood data. The site can help staff and citizens answer some of the following questions:
- How large is my lot?
- What did my property look like in 2007, 2005 and in 1997?
- What precinct do I live in and where do I go to vote?
- How is my property currently zoned?
- Where is the closest park?
- Is my home in a historic district?
- Do I live in a flood zone?
Link here for a FAQ page on how to use the site. Please contact GIS Specialist Leanne Knott at 651.385.3619 or email at Leanne.Knott@ci.red-wing.mn.us for further questions.