Become Part of Red Wing's Boards and Commissions
Friday, November 18 2011 1:00 AM
How to Join a Board or Commission - Red Wing residents interested in joining a city board or commission should complete an application (click here) and submit it to Teri Swanson at City Hall, 315 West Fourth Street or by Email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The mayor makes recommendations based upon qualifications, community service, and experience. Approval of those recommendations is required by the City Council.
Board and commissioners members are needed to begin serving in January in the following areas:
- Advisory Planning Commission - Meets at 7:00 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month.
- Airport Board - Meets at 4:00 p.m. on the first Wednesday of the odd months.
- Charter Commission - Meets as needed.
- Port Authority Board - Meets at 5:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month.
- Sister Cities Commission - Meets at 7:00 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of the odd months.
- Sustainability Commission - Meets at 5:30 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of the odd months.
To learn more about city boards and commissions click here.