The Engineering Department provides infrastructure management and support services for the City. This includes a wide array of functions, some of which are listed below:
- Plat and Plan review for all types of city infrastructure and right-of-ways.
- Surveys, design, staking, inspection, contract administration, construction record drawings and plan archiving for both new and reconstruction projects.
- Manage the Municipal State Aid Street System (MSAS) and its needs funding apportionment to maximize the funding received from State Aid.
- Manage the City bridge inventory for safety inspections and reporting to MnDOT.
- Maintain and expand the city addressing system for growth.
- Provide mapping, plotting, surveying and staking services to other departments as requested.
- Process right-of-way acquisitions, street vacations, property sales and easement grants as related to city projects.
- Hold neighborhood meetings, public hearings and other public involvement meetings to facilitate project development and assessments for city projects.
The list of 2015 Accomplishments and 2016 Goals provided in the links below, captures a snapshot of the services provided by the Engineering Department. Information about additional accomplishments is available by contacting the director.
2015 Accomplishments2016 Goals