Full-time firefighter/paramedics are responsible for many duties in addition to responding to calls, some of their responsibilities include:
- Emergency vehicles and equipment are inspected and maintained daily to ensure they are ready at all times
- Fire inspections and pre-fire planning are conducted to prevent or prepare for fire responses
- Firefighters also conduct frequent public education sessions and station tours
- Regularly scheduled classes, daily training, and multi-agency drills are conducted to maintain and enhance the firefighting and emergency medical skills of personnel
- Station cleaning and maintenance of the building and grounds is also performed by firefighters
Full-time firefighter/paramedics live and work at the fire station for 24-hour periods.
During designated hours once all regularly assigned duties are complete, they are permitted to
They must, however, be prepared respond to an emergency call at any time.