|Other Link||Check reservation availability here.|
About the Central Park
Central Park is located in the heart of Red Wing. Located conveniently downtown, the park sits between East and West Avenues and spans from West Fourth to West Fifth Streets.
This site was the original location of Hamline University which stood at the southern end of the present Central Park. Hamline opened in 1856 and relocated to St. Paul in 1869. The City of Red Wing purchased the Hamline block in 1871 to establish a park there.
In the early years, the park was heavily wooded with a small wooden bandstand located in the center of the park. The south Balustrade wall was constructed sometime prior to 1890 from local limestone. The original bandshell located in the north end of the park was built in 1932 and was also constructed from local limestone. The new bandshell was completed and opened to the public on July 4, 2009.
Community Living Room
The bandshell project has transformed this underutilized park into an area filled with vitality and activity. Central Park has become Red Wing's "Community Living Room."
- $55 - up to four hours
- $85 - more than four hours
- accommodates approximately 75-100 people