Replace my sidewalk

If you’re looking at replacing sidewalk within the city
right of way, there are a few things that you’ll need to know before doing the

Confirm that the sidewalk you’re replacing is
within the city right of way.

Generally, sidewalk parallel to the street and sidewalk meeting the curb is within city right of way. If you have questions as to exactly what might be within city right of way, the Goodhue County online parcel viewer is a good place to start. You can find the parcel viewer at The parcel viewer isn’t always completely accurate, so please get in contact with the City Engineering Department if you need further assistance. If the sidewalk that you’re replacing is on private property, you will not need to follow the remaining steps on the list, but you need to contact the Building Inspections department at 651-385-3623 to determine whether you will need any additional permits from them for the work that you are proposing to do.

Goodhue County Online Maps Gallery

Show All Answers

1. Add or Change Street Signs or Traffic Control
2. Apply for a new address
3. Apply for a utility permit
4. Find upcoming projects
5. Replace my driveway apron
6. Replace my sidewalk
7. Report a Roadway Safety Issue
8. Submit an Application for Work in City Right of Way