Red Wing Solid Waste Facility
Reconstruction Project #17206
Report Date: 09/09/2019
The reconstruction of the buildings at the Solid Waste Facility that were lost to fire in June of 2017 continues.
During the weeks of August 26 through September 6, 2019 . . .
- LS Black continued formwork at recyclables loadout 8” wall and RDF Loadout north footings. Installed rebar at RDF Slab.
- LS Black continued formwork installation for RDF Loadout retaining walls.
- LS Black chipping trench grates with angles at Tipping Floor
- LS Black poured concrete at the RDF Loadout retaining walls.
- Bolander onsite to compact Recyclables Loadout for Braun.
- Ironworkers relocated windows for Restrooms and other minor detail work throughout.
- Ironworkers on the roof working on insulation and panels over Tipping Floor. A separate crew began installing metal wall panels at the north elevation west of the main vestibule.
- Ironworkers reworking louver framework, installed capping fascia at east and north elevation, and continued installing metal panels at west elevation once mandoors were framed in.
- Pinnacle on-site installing metal studs and insulation at the Lunchroom and Z-furring, and insulation on the exterior concrete wall west elevation. Wall framing continued at the Admin area, and they framed the opening at west elevation for mandoor.
- Fireline Sprinkler continued hanging pipes in the Tipping Floor area and over conveyors. Continued installing the riser room and installing galvanized pipe throughout. Made connection to the riser room.
- Parker Electric continued installing light fixtures in the Tipping Floor area and conduit runs in the ceiling.
A reminder to our customers and visitors – the construction zone is located in areas of the Solid Waste Campus that have been typically accessible to customers. Signs have been installed to provide direction. All customers and visitors are asked to stop in the office before proceeding further into the Campus.