Rental License Program

WHY? So every tenant has a safe and healthy place to live.

Red Wing is committed to making sure every tenant has a safe and healthy place to live. The program starts January 1, 2022. Scroll down for additional information and resources.


Landlords: Register Now
All landlords and property owners who rent out residential housing units in the City of Red Wing must register their properties. 

Online Rental Property Registration Form

Printable Rental Property Registration Form (PDF)

All registered landlords and property owners should expect to receive a temporary license form and a license fee payment request by December 1, 2021.


Do you have a home safety concern right now? Call our City of Red Wing inspections department at 651-385-3623. Our inspectors may be able to assist.

more information

Computer generated image of a house with the words Red Wing's Rental License Program
  1. Dan Rogness

    Special Projects Manager

  2. Frank Peterson

    Building Official

  3. Michelle Leise

    Community Engagement Facilitator


Landlord & Tenant Rent Assistance

  • Rent Help MN    Questions? Call 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898-211.
  • Red Wing HRA  Offers housing opportunities and rental assistance through local, state, and federal programs. You can also call 1-651-388-7571.
  • Three Rivers Community Action - Assists Goodhue, Olmsted, Rice, and Wabasha counties. You can also call 1-800-277-8418.

Landlords and Tenants Rights and Responsibilities

Free Advocacy and Legal Help for Tenants

MN Dept. of Health - What You Need to Know About Healthy Homes

Mobile Home (Manufactured Home Parks) Handbook

Red Wing 2040 Community Plan: Housing Chapter

Schedule & Documents

Key Steps in the Program's Planning, Approval, and Implementation