City Budget 2019
City Council will meet again to discuss the 2019 budget at these times:
--November 5, 2018; 5 p.m.
--November 19, 2018; 6 p.m.
--December 3, 2018; 6 p.m.
Meetings are held at City Hall.
2018: A Unique Year for Budgeting Read where the budgeting process is now and how things are moving forward.
September 2018 Budget Workshop
- Proposed 2019 Operating Budget
- Proposed 2019 Capital Budget by Department
- Proposed 2019 Capital Budget by Funding Source
Questions? Contact Administrative Business Director Marshall Hallock at email@example.com
June 2018 Budget Workshop
- City Services Provided in 2018: Much of the City’s annual budget goes toward providing the services we as residents use. This document outlines each City department and the services they provide.
- Overview of the City’s Budget: This provides an overview of how the City’s budget is prioritized, planned, and divided by category.
- Priority Ideas Raised by City Council in Early 2018: Council members brought up and discussed these topics during budget workshops in the spring of 2018.
Chat with the Mayor Series: June and July 2018
See the report of our summer gatherings here. More dates to follow in early fall.
We had a great time during our Chat with the Mayor series talking with residents over the course of six events in June and July. Mayor Dowse and staff will be out and about again in September and October. Stay tuned for dates and times.
Reach out to Mayor Sean Dowse with your thoughts, questions, or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where does the City get its funding and what does it do with it?
See an Overview of the Budget from Administrative Business Director Marshall Hallock. You can also view the video at right to get a quick and easy primer on how the City prioritizes and budgets its money -- and why you should care.
Guiding Documents Red Wing Considers in the 2019 Budget Process
- 2016 Strategic Plan for City of Red Wing
- 2017 Community Survey PowerPoint Highlights
- 2017 Red Wing Report Card
- 2017 Citizen’s Assembly Report
- Red Wing 2040 Vision and Goals in Process: Early 2018 (Draft as of early April 2018—plan will be completed in December 2018)