Ikata Exchange Program
Now accepting applications for 2019 students and chaperone position.
2019 Ikata Exchange Program
The Sister Cities Commission is now accepting applications for an adult chaperone for up to six students in eighth to eleventh grade that will be interested in taking part in the Ikata, Japan student exchange. The chaperone will be involved in the student selection process. Deadline to apply is November 9th, 2018.
If you are a student or a chaperone that is interested in being part of this exchange program, please fill out, review and submit the following applications:
- Student Ikata Exchange Program Application (PDF) - Online Application
- Chaperone Ikata Exchange Program Application (PDF) - Online Application - Available until November 9, 2018
Chaperone & Student Application Process
- Chaperone Applications will be accepted until November 9th, 2018 at 4:30 PM
- Student Applications will be accepted until November 21st, 2018 at 4:30 PM.
- Additional funding could be available to the chaperone and students through the grant application process and fundraising efforts of the selected students and chaperone
- The Sister Cities Commission hopes to approve a chaperone at their November 28th meeting.
- The Sister Cities Commission typically provides scholarship funds for the chaperone and students traveling to Ikata. The amount varies each year based on the budget.
- All "complete" applications submitted will be reviewed by the commission and applicants will be contacted by email or telephone to set up a time to interview with an assembled panel in November or December.
Application Submission Instructions
Please return the application as a PDF file to the Sister Cities Staff Liaison Lisa Acker or you can drop off your completed paper application in person at the Community Development building located at:
419 Bush Street
Red Wing, MN 55066
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Ikata & Red Wing Come Together
The purpose of the blog is to provide information to students and host families participating in our summer exchange program. Posts will be uploaded in English and Japanese; it also provides links to:
- Ikata Town website
- Ikata / Red Wing Facebook Page
- Ikata Wiki page
Red Wing Sister Cities is now on Facebook.
- View the Sister Cities Facebook page.