Ikata Exchange Program
The application period for the 2018 Ikata Exchange Program is closed, but check back in September 2018 for details on the 2019 Exchange Program.
2018 Ikata Exchange Program
The Sister Cities Commission is now accepting applications for students eighth grade to eleventh that are interested in taking part in the Ikata, Japan student exchange. Up to six students are selected each year to travel with one chaperone to Ikata, Japan.
If you are a student or a chaperone that is interested in being part of this exchange program, please fill out, review and submit the following applications:
Chaperone & Student Application Process
- Additional funding could be available to the chaperone and students through the grant application process and fundraising efforts of the selected students and chaperone
- The Sister Cities Commission plans to hold a Special December Meeting in the City Council Chambers to select the 2018 students and chaperone
- The Sister Cities Commission typically provides scholarship funds for the chaperone and students traveling to Ikata. The amount varies each year
- All "complete" applications submitted will be reviewed by the commission and applicants will be contacted by email or telephone to set up a time to interview with an assembled panel in December
Application Submission Instructions
Please return the application as a PDF file to the Sister Cities Staff Liaison Lisa Acker or you can drop off your completed paper application in person at the Community Development building located at:
419 Bush Street
Red Wing, MN 55066
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Ikata & Red Wing Come Together
The purpose of the blog is to provide information to students and host families participating in our summer exchange program. Posts will be uploaded in English and Japanese; it also provides links to:
- Ikata Town website
- Ikata / Red Wing Facebook Page
- Ikata Wiki page
Red Wing Sister Cities is now on Facebook.
- View the Sister Cities Facebook page.