To help limit the transmission of COVID-19, City Hall is currently closed to the public, though all City services are still available.
To reach an employee for assistance during business hours, call 651.385.3608. Please direct emails to email@example.com.
Red Wing’s City Hall is designed in the Renaissance Revival style and was built in 1907. The large two-story building occupies half of a city block. The Administration Department, which links all other departments and City of Red Wing employees to the City Council, is located inside City Hall.
City Council Administrator
Kay Kuhlmann, City Council Administrator, is responsible for the administration of City business and for implementing Council policies including charter, ordinance and statutory obligations. The Council Administrator supports the City Council in strategic, long-term visioning for the City, completing work through regular and special City Council meetings and workshops. The Administrator works with other government, non-profit and business members to accomplish goals of the City Council. The Administrator provides direction and supervision for department heads and is responsible for all day-to-day operations.
Kay has been City Council Administrator for the City of Red Wing since July 1997.
Kay’s career background includes:
- Management Analyst for the City of Coon Rapids, Minnesota from 1984 to 1987
- Assistant City Manager of Prior Lake Minnesota from 1987 to 1993
- City Administrator in Jordan, Minnesota from 1993 to 1997
Kay has her Bachelors of Science in Public Administration with a minor in Economics and Masters Degree in Urban Studies. Kay is a member of the International City Managers Association.
City Council Administrator's Message
View the City Council Administrators Message.
The City of Red Wing is dedicated to creating, preserving and enhancing the quality of life for all.
The organization’s accompanying Core Values are:
- Excellence: We will strive to provide responsive customer service that exceeds expectations.
- Innovation: As leaders, we will generate new ideas and continually seek more efficient ways of doing things while strongly encouraging employees to reach their full potentials.
- Strong community connections: We will continue to improve upon communication with community partners with shared goals.
- Environmentally conscious: We will make decisions that preserve and protect the environment to the highest feasible degree.
- Respect: In our everyday operations, we will treat everyone with a high level of courtesy and dignity.
- Integrity: Each of our responsibilities will be carried out with the level of honor and accountability in a manner that inspires public confidence.
- Open and engaging: We will deliberately seek out all sides of issues and encourage multi-faceted participation from all segments of the community.
- Passion: As ambassadors, we will represent citizens and the organization with pride and enthusiasm.