Barn Bluff Master Plan
City Council Plan Approval
The Red Wing City Council adopted the He Mni Can - Barn Bluff Master Plan on Monday, June 27, 2016.
The plan was the result of an extensive process that involved numerous public engagement opportunities over an eight month period.
- View the He Mni Can - Barn Bluff Master Plan (PDF)
Master Plan Background Information
- January 2016 Open House presentation and boards
- March 2016 Barn Bluff Master Plan Update presentation (PDF)
During and after the meetings there was a Barn Bluff Survey that individuals were asked to fill out. The results showed that 289 citizens responded to the survey.
The purpose behind the survey was gather and process public input for the Barn Bluff Master Plan.
View the survey results:
Stakeholder Group Meetings
A series of meetings were conducted with various stakeholder groups that have a special interest in the Barn Bluff Master Plan. These meetings were intended to help gather information that would be pertinent to the development of the Master Plan and will help to augment other information that is being gathered by online surveys and public meetings.
View the meeting dates and summaries:
- Minnesota Climber's Association - October 28, 2015 (PDF)
- Experts on natural Resources on Barn Bluff - November 4, 2015 (PDF)
- Non-Profit Organizations - November 4, 2015 (PDF)
- Experts on Historic and Cultural Resources - November 4, 2015 (PDF)
Advisory Planning Commission
The Red Wing Advisory Planning Commission is launching the process to complete a Master Plan for Barn Bluff, a significant landmark and park located within the City of Red Wing.
The purpose of the Master Plan is to provide long term guidance for the development, preservation, and management of Barn Bluff. Since this is one of Red Wing's signature Riverfront Parks and a landscape icon for the community there is a great deal of interest in the park and its stewardship.
Mapping & Planning
The Advisory Planning Commission is in the process of mapping out the steps to develop the Master Plan. It is the Commission’s intent to provide many opportunities for citizen input with a detailed public engagement program.
Several steps have been completed in preparation for the master planning process, the following reports help to form a foundation for the process that will follow.
- Barn Bluff Cultural Landscape Report January 2015 (PDF)
- Barn Bluff Landscape Guidelines March 2015 (PDF)
- Historic Structure Report for the G.A. Carlson Lime Kiln January 2015
- Habitat Management Plan for the City of Red Wing Parks Barn bluff 2014 (PDF)
- Barn Bluff Greater Minnesota Parks and Trails Commission Designation Application (PDF)