- City Departments
- Construction Projects
- 2023 Street Projects
2023 Street Projects
2022 Residential Reconstruction (Sturtevant, Pine, and Prairia Streets)
The reconstruct is complete. There is some warranty work and turf establishment to take place in spring of 2023.
2023-2024 Residential Reconstruction (East Seventh Street)
Plans are being finalized and will be out for bids late winter of 2023. Construction should begin late spring/early summer 2023 and completed in late fall of 2024. Once construction begins there will be weekly meetings available to the public on site. Check this website for weekly updates as well. This project consists of full reconstruction including replacement of sanitary sewer, storm sewer, watermain, sewer and water services, curb and gutter, sidewalk, and bituminous pavement of the following streets:
- Phase 1 (2023) – East Seventh Street (500 Feet East of Centennial Street to Wilkinson Street)
- Phase 2 (2024) – Wilkinson Street to TH 61 Entrance Near Colvill Park Entrance
Learn about the Lead Service Line Replacement project as part of the East Seventh Street Reconstruction.
2023 Red Wing Bituminous Mill & Overlay
This project will include a mill and overlay and pedestrian ramp construction in the following areas:
- West Third Street – Cedar Street to West Avenue
- West Fifth Street – Harrison Street to Buchanan Street
- Harrison Street – West Fifth Street to Grandview Avenue
- Grandview Avenue – Harrison Street to West Fifth Street
- Cleveland Street – West Fifth Street to Grandview Avenue
2022 Waste Campus Pavement Reclamation Project
This project was started in the fall of 2022 and is 50% complete. Construction will resume in spring of 2023 and will be completed by summer.
Curb and gutters and bituminous paving are scheduled to begin in summer 2023 on the alley off the end of 10th Street west of East Avenue and the dead end alley south of West Fifth Street and west of Fulton Street .