Rental Health & Safety Complaint Inspections
If you are a tenant and have a health or safety concern right now, either inside or outside your rental property, contact the City of Red Wing's Rental Inspection Division at 651-385-5136. We may be able to help. Often we can work with your landlord to ensure the issue is fixed in a timely manner.
Landlord & Tenant Rent Assistance
- Rent Help MN Questions? Call 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898-211.
- Red Wing HRA Offers housing opportunities and rental assistance through local, state, and federal programs. You can also call 1-651-388-7571.
- Three Rivers Community Action - Assists Goodhue, Olmsted, Rice, and Wabasha counties. You can also call 1-800-277-8418.
Landlords and Tenants Rights and Responsibilities
- MN Attorney General's Booklet: English Version
- MN Attorney General's Booklet: Spanish Version
- Tenant rights at the end of Covid eviction moratorium
- Tenant Rights When Vacating Your Apartment
- Be Aware of Rental Scams
Classes for Tenants and Landlords
- Three Rivers Community Action courses
Now offered virtually online.
Free Advocacy and Legal Help for Tenants
- Homeline: A Minnesota nonprofit tenant advocacy organization
- Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services: Free assistance to low-income and senior citizens (age 60+). Phone: 1-888-575-2954.
- Legal Aid Phone: 1-800-292-4150
- MN Legal Advice
- Volunteer Lawyers Network Phone: 1-612-752-6677
Mobile Home (Manufactured Home Parks) Handbook
Red Wing is committed to ensuring a safe and healthy place to live for all tenants, and this program helps accomplish that goal. Learn about the rental inspection schedule, map, property owner fees, and answers to your other questions.